Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Pop Culture's Push


I chose this piece because I believe it reflected my best awareness of audience and voice. The last paragraph best demonstrates this ability, “Steven Johnson argues that games are actually good for you in the essay "Everything Bad is Good for You: Games". Johnson challenges us to "Imagine an alternate world identical to ours save one change: Video games were invented and popularized before books." Would pop-culture simply work in reverse then? Or, as DeGeneres affirms, will we keep trying to create ways to make things easier? Will we get so lazy that even the effort to push the buttons on the controllers is too much? Will we make controllers that are mind controlled? Seriously, aren't they already starting to do this kind of stuff for medical purposes?” Classmates responded by challenging me to think about what life would be like without a microwave or washing machine.


1 comment:

  1. The title of this post really grabbed my attention and makes me want to read on! I love how you question the reader!

    ReplyDelete